Amazon Adserver

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Open Box Electronics

Apparently all electronics that are made to be sold in the U.S. have some sort of code which can be looked up to find a schematic.This sounds like an interesting way to figure out how to reconfigure old devices to find some new application for them. I've not watched the video yet, and am not quite sure what it tells you to do, but I do think that we should have more of an open-box concept about devices in general. The closed-box concept simply doesn't work for me, I'm too curious about how things work. Anyway, replacing stuff doesn't feel as good as fixing them. The link to the schematic tutorial is below.

Find Schematics for Everything

1 comment:

  1. I have now tried this technique on several devices, with only one yielding a successful acquisition of a schematic. The address for this schematic of a microwave is below.

    https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=534360

    ReplyDelete